I was asked the other day by a client how Real-a-Save can afford to rebate 75% of our commission and still stay in business. It’s a good question, and one that deserves a response. The answer is that Real-a-Save has changed the way we approach each deal, streamlining the process for both our customers and our employees. We’ve gotten rid of the wasteful practices and enhanced the time-saving ones in an effort to increase customer satisfaction AND increase our own productivity.
We are an efficient company by definition, not a commission rebating and discount company by definition.
Yes, we do rebate a large portion of our buyers’ agent commission: 75% is significant. And yes, we will list your Colorado home for only $2,500.00. The key here is that in both our buyer and seller programs, our clients receive excellent service. If we can maintain the outstanding client-side experience then we’ll be successful, because the fact is that we’ve already made the business-side of the equation more efficient for our employees.
How did we do this?
We created a unique web-based company that never generates paper.
Why did we do this?
- We are committed to building Real-a-Save from the ground up as a green company. This means using Hybrid vehicles, paperless operations, and requiring our clients to drive by homes over the course of their routine driving day before they come to us.
- It means that we never have to purchase paper, expensive copiers, or commercial space to maintain and store all this wasteful paper documentation.
- It means our clients will never (if they chose) have to maintain their own paper files.
- Being a paperless company decreases the amount of time spent processing files. It increases the efficiency of our business-side operations.
Here are two of the other areas that we feel are wasteful:
- Open houses
- Listing presentations
We understand that a homeowner can occasionally sell their home through an open house. But we also understand that many agents who hold open houses are doing so in order to capture new buyers who walk through the doors w/out a Realtor. We believe that the most honest thing we can tell our clients is that THEY are the most qualified person to hold an open house because:
- They know their house better than anyone
- Their motivation while holding the open house will be to SELL the house. Period.
What about Listing Presentations?
A listing presentation is usually an opportunity for an agent to present lots of colorful pamphlets and marketing materials telling you why you should choose them. It’s a sales-pitch. We believe our programs speak for themselves, and that our potential clients are capable of reading about our programs on our website, and making the choice on their own, without the pushy sales pitch, and wasteful and copious stacks of glossy paper marketing materials.
There is a better way to do business. And we’re leading the way.